Monday, November 2, 2009

Together

There's a trend in advertising...of stuff coming together.
These next 5 ads use this technique of bringing large scale of performances to sell a product.

1. Palm pre "Flow" by Modernista! Boston:
This is such a cool ad because of the many people in it. It reminds me of the opening ceremony at the Beijing Olympics. The act was executed in perfect harmony. A visual delight.


2. FIFA 10 "How Big Can Football Get?" by W+K, Amsterdam:
This ad shows how the world loves football soccer. And I'm no exception. This ad makes me excited about the 2010 World Cup.
It's cool how they use large scales of people to show the greatness of soccer worldwide, but also how they use soccer balls throughout the spot. Did you notice the balls in the ocean? Also, the balls falling out from the net remind me of the bouncy balls ad for Sony Bravia by Fallon.


3. Honda "Let it Shine" by W+K, Amsterdam:
What I like about this ad is that they actually filmed it! There was a lot of effort put in it, and it shows. (To look at how they filmed it, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcHgxgs6SEg)
Of course, it had to be W+K


4. Tide "Ketchup" by Saatchi & Saatchi, New York:
This isn't my favorite but it's pretty cool. I'm coming to the conclusion that having a lot of people together for an ad immediately takes it to a new level.


5. T-Mobile Dance by Saatchi & Saatchi X UK:

A nice example of a flash mob. I wish I could have seen it with my own eyes. These performances suddenly became famous. You could find new youtube videos from all around the world. But Saatchi & Saatchi actually organized one for commercial purposes. Maybe it was effective, maybe it wasn't. But it's a pretty cool looking video.

No comments:

Post a Comment