Monday, November 9, 2009

Dentsu

  • "SoftBank Mobile Corp: Quentin Tarantino" by Dentsu, Tokyo:

The fact that Quentin Tarantino is in the ads makes them much better. But the celebrity won't make an ad great.
I enjoyed watching the Dentsu ads on class, and this one doesn't seem to follow the pattern the others did. It's very different from the American & European ones, but I don't find it funny like the other ones. Maybe this is because another office did it, or the change in product demanded a change in approach...I don't know. I just know I don't like this ones.

  • For the Philippine National Nutrition Council by Dentsu Philippines:
A unique way of fighting obesity. And I like it. It seems that this one is taking the "Western" approach we are used to seeing: it's clever but it doesn't surprise me.
I like it though, because it makes you read the tagline. It's a new way of saying "You are what you eat".

No comments:

Post a Comment