Monday, November 23, 2009

Havas

Arnold Worldwide
"Off to Work We Go" by Arnold NYC:

What a cheater!! They stole the idea from W+K's Happiness Factory for Coca-Cola! I don't like this.
I like the animation, the ad was done well, but couldn't Arnold come up with its own idea??
The truth campaign (made in collaboration with CP+B) was very creative...so what happened here?
The only conclusion I can make is that CP+B was the right-side of the brain (the creative one) behind the truth campaign, and Arnold was the left side (the logic one).
Arnold disappointed me. A lot. It's an insult to the creative world. Hopefully they have some good work to follow this failure.

Euro RSCG
"Fail" and "Pass" for McDonalds by BETC EURO RSCG (Paris):
This is so funny. BETC EURO RSCG launched this campaign the day French students took their baccalauréat, the super hard exam that students must take at the end of high school.
There's a "fail" edition and a "pass" one. It says that you should go to McDonald's, whether you passed or fail. And the funniest part is that both print ads look the same, although the girl is crying of happiness and the boy of sadness. So funny.
I'm sure French students found it funny...probably not immediately after the test.

McKinney
For Gold's Gym:

This ad makes me want to go work out. Who doesn't want to be the "leanest," "meanest," and "baddest"?
I think it's funny how the lady isn't sweating at all. She makes exercising look easy. McKinney probably decided to show her this way because sweat makes some people uncomfortable. I, on the other hand, think they should show a fat person sweating. This would make people think: "if he can do it, I can do it too."

No comments:

Post a Comment