Thursday, February 26, 2009

Please, mom, don't send emails.

I thought my mom was the only one. But no. Today I discovered she wasn't. My brother's coach also says "send an email" instead of "send a text message." If you haven't heard this before, let me tell you, it's annoying.

So, to prevent future misuses of technological terms, here's a list that all those "older" people that haven't adjusted to the "modern" era should read:

1. You can use your cell phone to access the web.
2. We don't need encyclopedias at home anymore. They are all online.
3. If you have a question: Google it, then go to Wikipedia.
4. If you need "scholarly" information, don't resort to Wikipedia.
5. To google, as defined by the Merriam-Webster Online, means "to use the Google search engine to obtain information about (as a person) on the World Wide Web."
And last, but not least...
6. You "email" on a computer and you "text" on a cell phone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment