Thursday, March 26, 2009

Like on a roller coaster

I feel like my life is like a roller coaster. Whenever I have a good week, I know that some kind of bad news will soon hit me...and this becomes true EVERY time. Ups and downs define my life, but you know what? It makes it more interesting.

An article in the New York Times titled “Liked the Show? Maybe it Was the Commercials” talks about how unhappy moments are necessary for the true joyful moments to become meaningful, just like commercials make you appreciate more your TV shows. Ever thought about this?

[Click on the image to go to the article]

Now, whenever you are experiencing some bad moments, remember that good ones are nearer than you think (and if you are just having a row of happy moments, keep in mind that no one is luck enough not to experience negative ones, so be prepared my friend). If we didn’t have a break from our enjoyable times, we wouldn’t even call them “enjoyable” or “wonderful.” They would just be normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment