Saturday, October 3, 2009

WPP

Ogilvy & Mather
Crystal Light campaign by Ogilvy Entertainment (New York):

I really like this ad because it makes me happy. It makes me want to dance and buy some Crystal Light.
I wonder if it was expensive to hire Estelle to make the jingle. If it wasn't, then good for Ogilvy. I'm sure that a lot of people visited their site to download the song. Otherwise, if it was expensive, I think it was a waste of money. They could have just hired some other good singer.
On the more negative side, I don't think it's a very original spot. It reminds me of the (older) Jell-o tv spot below...the Go Go's were hired to sing this exclusive song, and the actresses dance the whole time.


Young&Rubicam
Danone "Explicación" by Y&R Mexico:

This one is practically mute the whole way until the end, where it ways "It's not easy explaining to a child that he has cancer. Helping is." How depressing.
I don't like these type of ads that play with your emotions in a mean way. It reminds me of those tv spots that ask for money while showing kids suffering with cancer, or poor kids in Latin America, or sick pets. They make you feel pity for them, and then you want to "donate". It's unnecessary.
The acting in this ad is so real that you can empathize with the parents and feel sorry for the boy.
In terms of the reactions it produces, this ad is the opposite from the Crystal Light one by Ogilvy.

JWT
Kit Kat Bench by JWT London, UK:
This is really neat! It does make me crave a Kit Kat!
When I see it, I can only think about the chocolate covered wafers. And it's pretty clever how they are advertising a "break" and how they chose a bench. It's just perfect.
A negative point I could find in this would be the complain that some people are having against the invasion of advertising. Today, advertising isn't only on tv and magazines, it's even on the park benches! Well, to those people I would say, deal with it and get used to it. The world has changed and so has advertising.

Grey
Aquafresh flex top toothbrush "Cleans all gaps" by Grey Hong Kong:
Not my favorite. Seriously, this technique isn't very original and the toothbrush looks just like any other.
It seems like the message is that if you use this toothbrush, then you won't need to floss your teeth. Which isn't true. So, why the lie? Maybe Grey thought the dental floss would make a cool image, but it didn't. Or maybe they thought they would attract more people into buying the toothbrush.
But I don't think it was a very successful ad. So they lied in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment