Saturday, September 12, 2009

"My life belongs to the whole community...it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can"

These next ads promote some type of social cause in a good way. I applaud the agencies that created them, and also those who keep creating campaigns for the betterment of our world. There's nothing better than doing good.

1. "Your body is your home. Don't smoke" for ADESF (Associação de Defesa da Saúde do Fumante) by Neogama BBH, Sao Paulo, Brazil

This is a shocking image: the dust, the falling furniture, and the general chaos immediately strike you because you would never have your house looking like this. Ever. Then you realize that this is being related to the effects of smoking. Then it becomes really scary; if you would hate to have your house like this, why would you ever smoke?
I really like this ad because of its visual interpretation of the harm done by smoking. Without many words, it puts into perspective the physical damage that can't be seen.

2. "Adaptation" for Tck Tck Tck by Y&R, Brazil


I liked this ad because it uses cartoon characters to explain science stuff. Children enjoy cartoons and the majority of adults don't like dealing with complicated terms, so the ad makes it easy for people of all ages to understand what the problem is. Plus, the characters are cute.
Like in the previous ad, the visual communication is enough to make a point.

3. "
Verbal abuse is still abuse" by EuroRSCG, Chicago

I liked this one too because no words are necessary. When I saw this kid suffering, it made me want to help him. The tears coming out from his eyes provoke an immediate response. It's powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment