Sunday, January 25, 2009

Are you bored?

I've been thinking lately about being bored. I used to have one of those really busy schedules. I mean, I even had to write "remember to sit & relax" on my planner so I wouldn't forget. A few weeks ago everything changed. My swimming career was put on hold for a couple of weeks (I swim for SMU so all my time is practically devoted to school and the team), and now I find myself with a lot of free time. I've been watching a lot of TV and doing a lot of facebooking, but even that gets boring. One day I saw my brothers trying to solve "The Impossible Quiz," so I wanted to share it with all of you who, like me, sometimes don't know what to do with their spare time. Try it, I find it very creative. It's novel (I had never seen a quiz like that before) and it has a purpose (it keeps me entertained!). Saul Steinberg said, "The life of the creative man is lead, directed and controlled by boredom. Avoiding boredom is one of our most important purposes." I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment